Whether you are in the planning stage, in the middle of a project, or just not sure what to do next, Robert
Phillips – Chatham County’s Renovation & Construction Coach – works with you, teaching you the skills
you need to make your project a reality while saving you time, money, and frustration. Robert shares his tools, skills, and
40+ years of experience as a master carpenter and artisan to guide you through the projects you would like to take on, and
- if required - he can take care of the rest. You don’t have to do everything yourself.
"My goal is to help homeowners understand their homes and their projects so they can leverage that
knowledge to save time and money." – Robert Phillips
How we work together is entirely up to you!
A Personal Approach to Home Improvement, Renovation and Repair
- Learn New Skills with Applied Instruction: Robert guides and tutors you until you complete one or more parts
of your project.
- Make It a Joint Effort: Robert works
alongside you to complete your project.
- Use a Licensed
Contractor: Robert steps in and handles any aspect of your project you would like.
STEP 1 – Free Consultation: One-hour meeting to discuss your project, timeframe, and budget. Mechanical
and/or structural issues that may relate are also discussed.
STEP 2 – Assign Roles and Involvement: You decide
how much you would like to be involved in your project.
STEP 3 – Create a Detailed Project Plan: Put everything
down on paper, including project parameters, time frame, budget, design, materials and components, project steps, safety considerations,
tools and equipment, building permits, etc.
STEP 4 – Schedule Work and Target Dates: Define dates and get to work.
"My goal is the successful completion of your project." – Robert Phillips
Robert Phillips: Renovation & Construction Coach will:
develop your vision for the completed project.
- Suggest competent sub-contractors, suppliers,
- Provide pricing and budgeting ideas.
- Obtain necessary permits and variances.
- Negotiate and communicate with sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Perform quality inspections during renovations.
with designers to keep costs within budget.
Phillips: Independent Third-Party Advocate for the Homeowner
As required, Robert can coordinate sub-contractors and suppliers,
acting at all times as an advocate for you - the homeowner. You save contracting fees and labor and material mark-ups.
Phillips: Master Carpenter
At the finish stage of your renovation or construction project, Robert can become your master carpenter, creating
staircases, installing doors, trim, cabinets, and more.
Project Cost Transparency
- Pay as you go. No upfront payments or deposits.
- No mark-up for materials.
- No excessive
labor or material costs. You pay sub-contractors and material suppliers directly.
- Robert’s fees are based on a daily rate (half-day minimum).
- Transparent Billing – Weekly, or at the end of a shorter project, Robert will give you a Construction
Tracking Sheet invoice detailing charges for time worked, and any out of pocket materials or expenses incurred – including
documentation and original receipts. This invoice is payable at that time.
- Unknown expenses (such as those that come up during full-scale renovations) will be based on a time and materials